Also, an unedited picture drives me crazy but I am out a computer right now so for the moment... unedited pictures will have to do....

This is the Vatican. It is unbelieveable.The inside has so many details that you can't comprehend unless you see it in person.
This is the Pantheon. The building is really cool. It was built in 128AD! Don't ask me how they built something this amazing that long ago... doesn't make sense to me.
I'm sure you guys have seen a thousand pictures of this place... the Colosseum. It's creepy. SO many people died there. I had seen a bunch of pictures of it but, since I know SO much about history...I had no idea it was built so the Romans could watch people get killed by animals or other people. The inside was weird and a little psycho. Not gonna lie. But my dad was really fascinated by the architecture of it and explained a lot of it to me, so that was interesting to learn about.
This is outside of the Piazza del Popolo, which is the picture below too... Down the middle of these two big buildings is Via del Corso. It is my favorite! That street is everything I imagined Italy would be. There are tons of little cafes everywhere, colorful buildings, flowers in the windows, and I could go on and on....
The tiny, little streets that turn off of Via del Corso are my favorite part about Rome so far too. I love the colorful buildings so much. And the little cafes with ice cream and pizza every 20 yards.
I didn't learn too much yet on the history and art of these places. But I will be going back to all of them with my study abroad group some time in the next three weeks to learn more.
13 comments:
Wow, looks like you are doing it all in Italy! What an amazing trip!
Oh I am so jealous right now. I wish I was there with you to "take it all in". That would be wonderful. Maybe a trip back in our later years. Just a thought. I'll be looking on here for updates. Please oh please keep me posted. ha
Every picture is like a postcard! Beautiful!!
WOW! I know everyone else said that too. But it describes it all. That is too cool to see the things you are seeing. I am jealous! Glad you are doing well and enjoying yourself. Soak up every minute for the rest of us stuck here in SG!
Hey Ash! I love your pictures! It looks so fun there! I hope I can go there someday! :)
I! AM! SO! JEALOUS! LUCKY!
i knew you'd love it!! are you even the slightest bit homesick? I don't know how you could be...it looks like you are having so much fun! I will definitely let you know when lincoln finally decides to grace us with his presence...hopefully that is soon!! um..im kinda scared that your dad left you all alone for two days...was that a smart idea? be safe, and try not to be so ridiculously good looking for the next 2 days...k?
SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
Ashlee you are so funny. I love to read what you write. That's brave staying there two days by yourself, don't talk to any strangers. I can't wait for more pictures!
I am totally jealous!! You are going to have a blast! Lucky!
Hhhmmm. I wonder where you picked up the addiction for editing pictues and the pet peeve of unedited pictures??
You're beautiful! We love you and miss you like crazy!
Ju
It's fun to look at your pictures.. It's awesome huh>? Nate and I spent a week in Italy... and loved the history in Rome and eating Gelato every day.. ha.. I miss you ash! and you're crazy to be in rome by yourself for a few days.. it's crazy there!:) Hope you have so much fun! I"m jealous.. can't wait to hear more!
Post a Comment