Saturday, May 17, 2008

Pictures. Lots of them.

So... I love Italy.
These are a few (of the many) things I love about Italy....Gelato. Gelato. Gelato. Yes it has become an everyday activity. Worth every second, penny, and pound.



This little place would be Tivoli. Gorgeous right? Its about an hour outside of Rome. I loved it. It has gardens and waterfalls everywhere and a great view. Definitely one of my favorite places we've seen.
These girls. Its easy to love Italy when I have them around to always make me laugh.
One of my favorite things about Italy is the doors. Weird maybe? Not sure. But I love them. I take way too many pictures of them.Borghese Park. I LOVE it. This huge park in Rome is such a fun, relaxing place to lay out a blanket, have a picnic, read, talk or anything. It's beautiful.
____________________________________________________________________

HELLO FLORENCE.
I have been in Florence for a week now and its amazing in every way. It is a much more calm and peaceful place then Rome. I loved being in Rome and seeing the history and the art of the city but I was homesick and ready for a change. Florence was my cure. It is unbelievable and gorgeous. It's less crowded. The shopping is SO good. It's relaxing. The people are nicer. I feel completely safe here. We don't have to use public transportation. It's clean here.
The whole city just seems so much more... happy. I don't think it would be possible for me to get sick of this place.



The Bridge! It seems to be the happenin' place to be in Florence. Especially around sunset. With a Gelato in hand. Its an unforgettable experience.
I took this while we were on the train. I love the country side of Italy. I still don't know if I believe it's a real place.

It rained today. It was really pretty. It looks like Neverland outside our window. I can't get enough of it.

11 comments:

Molly said...

glad your having a ball.

ps. i intend to name my first girl florence.

missy said...

I would visit you if I could and you know it. I look and your pictures and I love it and turn green with envy. I can't wait for you to come home to hear all your stories. Yes.

carly k said...

A: looking at your pictures makes me stop breathing it is so gorgeous. I love how you said you're not sure if Italy is a real place. That's perfect. B: I really hate you right now (but not really) I just wish I was there with you. Like, really.

Trent and Jen said...

It's amazing! I love that you're liking it in Florence so much! Mom said you were a little homesick and thinking of not going to Paris... I think you HAVE to go there. Anyway, Italy is gorgeous and your pictures are stunning...I think I am going to have to frame some of your photos and just tell people that I've been there.

Brianna said...

I can so vouch for the Gelato! I too ate it everyday while I was there. Florence was also my favorite part about Italy. It is such a great town. I get so jealous when I read your blog. I'm glad you are having fun!

g.lock said...

looks like so much fun. when i was in europe last spring, we LIVED off gelato.

ariana said...

i am so thin and pretty in those pictures. miss you. (you are in the bathroom)

Kit said...

Alright the next time Shawn asks you what to get me you tell him a trip back to Italy. I don't even think I remember it as well as your pics. How awesome. Enjoy every second and stay as long as you can, because once you get back home you will wish you had stayed longer.

Stacie said...

I miss you! I am so glad you're loving it though, keep having fun and taking great pictures,I love you!

Trent and Jen said...

Can you call me from Italy?
I need/want to talk with you!
Love you!
Jen

wolf said...

sorry i made it rain.